22 December 2014

Reading round up (57)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


15th December

I desperately want to finish A Great and Terrible Beauty. It feels like I've spent a whole week reading it! AND I FINISHED IT!!! Huzzah! A whole 198 pages!

16th December

Currently Reading: The Jewel | Amy Ewing
Current page/percent: 14%
Read today: 4%
Thoughts: Either I've not invested enough time in this or it's really not for me. I'm finding it hard to actually get into the rhythm of reading.

17th December

The Jewel is long and slow and not for me. It took me 2 hours to read 5%. DNF at 20%. I started Illusionarium (5%, read in half an hour, my actual rate of reading) and it's pretty great so far.

18th December

Currently Reading: Illusionarium | Heather Dixon
Current page/percent: 27%
Read today: 22%
Thoughts: Okay now I see why everyone loves Heather Dixon.

19th December


Currently Reading: Illusionarium | Heather Dixon
Current page/percent: 58%
Read today: 31%
Thoughts: I HAVE AN OTP!! Sadly, it's a M/M OTP in a world of heteros.

20th December

Finished Illusionarium (42%) and it was crazy cool. Alternative London, fanciful illusions, dashing heroes!

21st December


I started Talon by Julie Kagawa and read 20%. I'm liking it a fair bit so far and I actually like one of the love interests!!!! (the person I shipping with Kagawa's last MC was her brother so ... yay less awkward times in this series!)

Books finished this week: 2.5





Nightbird | Alice Hoffman
Talon | Julie Kagawa
Got these from Netgalley for review! I am really excited for Talon (Kagawa, God bless!) and Nightbird sounds pretty awesome too. Thanks to Simon & Schuster UK and Mira Ink.

Illusionarium (scheduled for May 13th 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment