8 December 2014

Reading round up (55)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


1st December

Didn't read any of Fire and Thorns today because I just gorged on fanfic all day.

2nd December

I finished Fire and Thorns (148 pages read), mostly because I made myself, not because I enjoyed it. It was alright, though at no point did I love any element of the book.



3rd December

Started Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (4%) and so far I'm not able to get into it but hopefully that's just my mood today.


4th December

Currently Reading: Crimson Bound | Rosamund Hodge
Current page/percent: 23%
Read today: 19%
Thoughts: Liking this but not loving it so far. Maybe I put too many expectations on it. Or maybe it's not really got started yet.


5th December

Read nothing of Crimson Bound because I finished The Fallout by Everythursday (WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END????? I AM SLAIN.)



6th December

Currently Reading: Crimson Bound | Rosamund Hodge
Current page/percent: 61%
Read today: 38%
Thoughts: I DON'T LOVE THIS YET AND I AM UPSET ABOUT IT. I really fricking like it, but I haven't fallen head over heels for it yet.


7th December

Currently Reading: Crimson Bound | Rosamund Hodge
Current page/percent: 100%
Read today: 39%
Thoughts: It got much better toward the end. But oh, Rosamund Hodge why must you always torture my emotions? You do betrayals and taut emotions so well!

Books finished this week: 2




I went to the £1 book store in Skipton again, stocked up on Christmas presents (EVERYONE IS GETTING UNSPOKEN!) and bought a few lovelies for myself.

I don't have a picture because they've already been assimilated into my TBR mountain, but I got Aprilynne Pike's Sleep No More, Dan Well's Fragments, Abigail Gibbs's The Dark Heroine, and the third Desert Tales manga by Melissa Marr (I don't have the other two but it was too good to pass up.)

I also got this from Amazon because it's less than a pound:


Still don't like that cover though. What's special about it? For a massively hyped book, it looks indie.


(Girl of) Fire and Thorns
Crimson Bound (scheduled for 29th April 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment