6 July 2015

Reading round up (82)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week. 

Sorry for the day late update, folks. Totally thought I'd posted this!!


29th June

I'm reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, which I think I'm enjoying but I'm not 100%. I like Cal, and Maven, and Mare's fine. But I'm not sure about everything else. Today I read 23%, bringing me to 48%.

30th June

Today I read 28% of Red Queen, and I REALLY LIKE IT.

1st July

I finished Red Queen (25% read) and THE ENDING RUINED THE WHOLE BOOK. There's a 75% chance I won't read the next book now.

2nd July

I read 9% of Invasion of The Tearling by Erika Johansen and I am really disappointed by the fact she's dumped a dystopian story in the middle of a high fantasy series. My interest in this went from 70% to 1% so it's pretty likely I'll DNF. Which is pretty sad snce I love the tone of the fantasy scenes.

BUT I started The Young Elites by Marie Lu (88 pages) and it's perf. Perf, perf, perf. Did I mention it's perfect???

3rd July

I read 114 pages and I LOVE ENZO PLEASE HELP ME GOD. 

4th July

I read 106 pages of The Young Elites and holy hell everything hurts and things are going to go to shit SO FAST. Don't keep secrets, kids!!!

5th July

Today I finished The Young Elites and W H Y Y Y Y Y Y ? ? ?


I also picked up Graceling by Kristin Cashore again (21 pages read) because I'm in the mood for more high fantasy. I stalled at page 47 with this one last March, so I'm hoping to finally read it now!

Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:

HUNTER!!!! MERCEDES LACKEY!!!!! HELLA!!!!
And I got Lair of Dreams to kick me into reading The Diviners.

Bought:

I probably don't have to explain this. One of the best books I've ever read.

Red Queen (3 STARS)

No comments:

Post a Comment