20 April 2015

Reading round up (74)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.


13th April

I read 13% of Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley, bringing me to 71%. I wanted to finish it today but my reading time got swallowed by writing 5K words.

14th April

AGAIN WITH THE NOT FINISHING A BOOK. Agh. I'm furious with myself and beginning to feel like a failure WHICH IS FUN. So I'm at 86% with Magonia and I do actually like it a fair bit.

15th April

I read 14% of Magonia, FINISHING THE DAMN THING FINALLY. It was great and I loved it but I'm sure I'll love it much more the next time I read. 

I also started Supervision by Alison Stine (19%), which started off bad (with a rly dumb move by the MC) but got better. The MC is Asian and maybe dead?? We'll see.

I also read Molly Danger/Princeless (60-ish pages) and it was full of lady power. Yaaaaaaaaaas girls, slaaaaaay. I love girls.


16th April

Loving Supervision. It's so sweet yet chilling and creepy, and holds a spotlight to parental neglect and abuse. A fab gothic novel tbh. I read 46%, bringing me to 67%. 

I ALSO read a bunch of single comic issues which I can't be bothered to list here, started Fight Like A Girl by David Pinckney and Soo Lee (20% read) and Harley Quinn, vol 1: Hot In The City by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (13%), which is of course crazy and awesome. I LOVED the first comic.

17th April

Finished Supervision (33%) and I Love it so damn much. The characters have a permanent place in my heart.

I also started Starborn by Lucy Hounsom, though I've only read 3%.

18th April


I read 2% of Starborn. Tbh I didn't even try to read this. I also read 29% of Harley Quinn, vol 1, bringing me to 42%. It's too cool. She's too sweet. I love everything about this.

19th April


Read 8% of Starborn, bringing me to 13%, and 36% of Harley Quinn, vol 1, which continues to be awesome. My love for Harley/Ivy is still very strong.

Books finished this week: 3
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:

Too lazy to link but here's what I got for review this week. Mostly Harper+imprints tbh :)





Bought:

Touch of Frost | Jennifer Estep
This has been on my list for what feels like decades.

I also got these AMAZON FREEBIES:

(I read the first part of this YEARS ago. Wanted to finish it ever since)
For The Right To Learn (scheduled for 26th August)
Harley Quinn, vol 1: Hot In The City

No comments:

Post a Comment