13 April 2015

Reading round up (73)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.



6th April

I read a further 24% of The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee, which is amazing. I'm at 39% and loving it, even if it is getting a little repetitive with certain words (everything is fairy tale in the past few chapters) but I can forgive that because it might be changed in the final version.

7th April
Continuing my trend of random reading, I read 58% of Suicide Squad, vol. 1 by Adam Glass, Ryan Benjamin and Federico Dallocchio, which is SO GODDAMN GOOD. Probably my favourite team ever. Now that I've seen them on TV, and in graphic novel form, I am buzzing with excitement for the film!!!! Heads up: it's like 50p on kindle, so if you 1) love comics and 2) own a kindle, GET THE THING NOW.

I also read 17% of Mirror & Goliath, which I'm enjoying a little less now the novelty has worn off, and sad about it. For a short book, there's an awful lot of story threads and so many characters!

8th April

I read the last 42% of Suicide Squad which was SO COOL until the last 2 comics. Didn't enjoy them so much. There's something about what they did with Harley that, while I enjoyed the back story, made me feel really iffy.

I also read 26% of The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath and I'm getting bored-er.


9th April

I skimmed the last 18% of Mirror & Goliath and it was okay but the first half was better than the last, and started Magonia by Maira Dahvana Headley (11%) So far I'm not sure about Magonia but I'm fair interested in the ship in the sky. Waiting for it to all kick in.

10th April

Read 19% of Magonia, bringing me to 30%, and I'm liking this a bit more. I can see where it's going and I'm fairly interested in getting there. Also Jason is a cutie and his frantic disjointedness resounds with me for a reason I'd rather not think on too thoroughly.

I also read Lois Lane: Cloudy With A Chance of Destruction by Gwenda Bond, and I continue to love Lois so so much. She's likable and unlikable at the same time and I love that. I like to think I'm the same.

11th April


Pushing Magonia aside for today, I read Rat Queens, vol 1: Sass and Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch in its entirety. IT WAS AWESOME.

12th April


Read 28% of Magonia which is really making me feel stuff. SHIPS IN THE SKY! ALOOF AND ATTRACTIVE FIRST MATES! 

Books finished this week: 4
Books DNF'd this week: 0


For review:

Lois Lane: Cloudy With A Chance of Destruction | Gwenda Bond
Another Lois Lane short! I LOVED the first one and can't wait to read more of Lois's vibrant energy.

I also got a bunch of Harper September galleys but I'll put those in the next one because lazy.

I also got these AMAZON FREEBIES:
The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror & Goliath (scheduled for 27th May)

No comments:

Post a Comment