6 April 2015

Reading round up (72)


Reading round up is a weekly journal where I record my daily reading progress, my thoughts on each book as I read it, and any books I've acquired during the week.

30th March


I read 77% of Death Marked by Leah Cypress, finishing it. I was a little unsure around the 1/3 mark but this was just as good as the first book!!

31st March


Didn't read anything today for some reason.

1st April

I started my Falling Kingdoms reread (25 pages read). I LOVE these books. My favourite epic fantasy by a long mile. I don't want to rush reading books 1 and 2 but I NEED to read Gathering Darkness. I have the shiny metallic hardback!!!



2nd April

The busiest day ever today!!! Seven and a half hours spent fixing The Forgotten second print edition before I get a round printed, another hour writing 1000 words. I only had time to read 24 pages of Falling Kingdoms, which I'm sad about, but I'm happy with my productivity output.
3rd April

Read 50 pages of Falling Kingdoms, bringing me to 100, and I still have NO time to read. This has been my worst reading week all year.

4th April


Because I am getting nowhere with Falling Kingdoms in the very short slot of time I have per day until I get over a writing wall that's stealing hours from me (what took me 1 hour is taking 5), I turned to graphic novels. I just wanted to actually finish something. I attempted Batman: Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, by Grant Morrison and Dave McKean (around 40 pages read) but I JUST CANNOT read the Joker's speech. The lettering is horrendous - it's scratchy red text over scratchy white. I stopped reading, and I'm pretty sad because Grant Morrison. But my eyes can't distinguish the words.

Instead I read volume 1: Days Gone Bye of The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman (144 pages) which I liked but I expected something a little better tbh. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Still, I'll definitely continue this series without a doubt.

5th April


I read 15% of The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee which is AWESOME. I LOVE THIS ALREADY. Caps was necessary.

Books finished this week: 2
Books DNF'd this week: 1


For review:

The Stars Never Rise | Rachel Vincent
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
THE STARS NEVER RISE IS ON MY KINDLE. AND I CAN READ IT. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED IN MY LIFE!!!

Bought:
State of Emergency | Summer Lane (For my Saruuh Explores NA project)


I also got these AMAZON FREEBIES:

No comments:

Post a Comment