7 December 2013

Witch Finder (DNF ARC Review)

Witch Finder | Ruth Warburton
Published by: Hodder Children's Books, January 2nd 2014
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Historical
Pages: 374
Format: Ebook
Source: Hodder Children's Books via Netgalley (thank you!)

London. 1880. In the slums of Spitalfields apprentice blacksmith Luke is facing initiation into the Malleus Maleficorum, the fearsome brotherhood dedicated to hunting and killing witches.

Luke’s final test is to pick a name at random from the Book of Witches, a name he must track down and kill within a month, or face death himself. Luke knows that tonight will change his life forever. But when he picks out sixteen-year-old Rosa Greenwood, Luke has no idea that his task will be harder than he could ever imagine.



REVIEW

I didn't finish Witch Finder. There was a lot of build up, so it took a while to get going. And when it finally did get going, when things started to happen, I still couldn't invest myself in this book. I didn't care about the characters - I found myself hoping one of them would kill the other, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention of the author. Too long chapters made reading this very laborious, and meant the story just droned on and on. I didn't enjoy this book at all, and after reading more than half of it I can safely say I'm not going to even if I reach the end. For that fact, I cannot review or rate this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment