28 January 2017

Review: Aquaman Volume 1: The Drowning

Aquaman: Volume 1: The Drowning | Dan Abnett, Brad Walker, Philippe Briones, Gabe Eltaeb, Pat Brosseau
Published by: DC Comics, January 11th 2017
Genre: Superheroes, Fantasy
Pages: 192
Format: Ebook
Source: DC Comics, via Netgalley

Aquaman, the King of Atlantis, has never found a true home in either of the worlds that he was born of. In his undersea realm, Aquaman is both King and outsider. And in the surface world, he's a hero and an outcast. 

In this brand new series by fan-favorite writer Dan Abnett (Titans Hunt) and all-star penciller Brad Walker (Sinestro), the King of Atlantis attempts to broker a peace between Atlantis and the surface, but this noble quest might force Aquaman to finally choose whether to live his life above the waves, or below them. Plus, Black Manta makes his bloody return and seeks to destroy everything and everyone Aquaman loves! 

CollectingAquaman 1-7, Rebirth
There's nothing I don't love about this, except that I ran out of book. I love Aquaman, I love Mera (my queen!) and I love how emotional and tense and action-packed the plot is. Their struggle is so compelling, and makes me angry at mankind. For sure this is a comic I will continue. I need more Aquaman and Mera in my life, and I want to get to know the larger cast of characters more. Could have done without Superman making an appearance though, even if he was cast in an antagonistic light (thanks, comic gods!)

Characters 

Setting/world 
Writing 

No comments:

Post a Comment