3 June 2017

Review: Supergirl, Volume One

Supergirl: Volume One, Reign of The Cyborg Supermen | Steve Orlando, Brian Ching, Mike Attiyeh
Published by: DC Comics, April 4th 2017
Genre: Comics, Superheroes
Pages: 166
Format: Ebook
Source: DC Comics, via Edelweiss

A part of DC Universe: Rebirth! 

Supergirl moves to National City! As Kara Danvers, average American teenager and high school student, Supergirl must balance her life as a superhero with her new life on Earth. But some demons from her Kryptonian past are coming back to haunt her, and Kara will find herself face-to-face with her father: the sinister Cyborg Superman!

Critically acclaimed writer Steve Orlando (Midnighter) comes a new beginning for Kara Zor-El in Supergirl, Volume 1, Reign Of The Cyborg Super-Men a new series that is sure to appeal to fans of the TV series!

CollectingSupergirl 1-6, Rebirth
I thought I'd like Kara but I LOVE her. And I love the story, how Kara's struggles to adjust are woven so seamlessly with CYBORG SUPERMEN KILLING EARTH and then back to Kara struggling to fit in among humans. This is just so well written, and after Superwoman Volume One (which I did not connect with), it was such a surprise and delight. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the art. It has such a charming quality to it and suits Kara perfectly. PLus I'm extra happy with how the story arc wraps up cleanly in this one volume, but still has threads to follow into the next volume. It really bugs me when a volume ends with the story unresolved. 

I'm so happy I read this. I cannot WAIT for the next volume.

Characters ★★★☆
Setting/world ☆☆
Writing ★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment