9 May 2016

Review: Damage Done

Damage Done | Amanda Panitch
Published by: Random House Books for Young ReadersJuly 21st 2015
Genre: YA, Mystery, Thriller
Pages: 304
Format: Ebook
Source: Random House, via Netgalley

22 minutes separate Julia Vann’s before and after.

Before: Julia had a twin brother, a boyfriend, and a best friend.

After: She has a new identity, a new hometown, and memories of those twenty-two minutes that refuse to come into focus. At least, that’s what she tells the police.

Now that she’s Lucy Black, she's able to begin again. She's even getting used to the empty bedroom where her brother should be. And her fresh start has attracted the attention of one of the hottest guys in school, a boy who will do anything to protect her. But when someone much more dangerous also takes notice, Lucy's forced to confront the dark secrets she thought were safely left behind.

One thing is clear: The damage done can never be erased. It’s only just beginning. . . .
 
Compared to the last mystery I read, this book is EPIC. I don't have an awful lot to say about it so I'll just sum up my thoughts:

-LOVED JULIA. So much. I love my dark, disturbing ladies. More of this in the books I read please.

-Michael was wishy-washy, and so was the best friend.

-The current of memories and flashbacks and bloody scenes running through this book were PERFECT. I ought to be unsettled by it but I love every bit of murder and every morally-messed-up character.

-I predicted the murderer from the first chapter. AGAIN. Two books in a row. I guess I'm kind of psychic now?

-THAT END??? Holy wow. Even better than I could have guessed.

-This is a stand out novel. Blew me away. Read it now!

Characters 
Setting/world 
Writing 

No comments:

Post a Comment