11 July 2013

Unpoken (Gif review)


The Lynburn Legacy: Unspoken | Sarah Rees Brennan
YA, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal

Characters ★★★★★
Setting ★★★★★
Writing Style ★★★

Review:

IF YOU WANT ME I'LL JUST BE IN THE FETAL POSITION ON THE FLOOR CRYING BECAUSE JARED.

I can't write. I can't emotions. I can gif!

Beware all ye who enter here. There be spoilers abound. 




So it started off with a lot of this


I was all 'THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST THING EVER'

And then Kami. Lovely darling Kami. Investigative, gutsy Kami. 


You have no idea how happy I was for a POC protagonist, and this is coming from a non-POC. Books are too white-centric all the time and this just pleases me I LOVE DIVERSITY

And then Ash turned up and I was half wary and half ...


AND THEN JARED. The poor tortured asshole. I was his from the first moment.


And then asshole Jared is Kami's Jared AND THE IDIOTS DON'T KNOW


And then they know. THEY FIND OUT AND THE LIFT AND


But they're being all awkward and fhjflsjfhslufj


Oh and there's murders. Almost forgot about them.


Oh my God there's a cat in my house thAT IS NOT MY CAT. Gifing will resume but THIS IS NOT MY CAT.

Update: the cat went into my bedroom and started hissing at my own cat??? Demon cat sent by Lynburns? We may never know. Anyway, I had a purpose, didn't I?

Yes. So there was a lot of being suspicious of Ash


but also wanting to cuddle him because my baby


By the middle I was pretty suspicious of everyone but Jared. It was like a Christie novel. Lilian ... was in bed when it happened. Not Lilian. Rob was ... doing Rob things thus not the killer. BUT ASH IS GONE. IT MUST BE ASH. AND ROSALIND. Dynamic murder duo!


But then PLOT TWIST it's totally Rob.


AND THEN KIDNAPPING! AND RUNNING THROUGH THE WOODS! AND FIGHTING! And it really shouldn't have been as exciting as it was given lives were in danger. But it totally was.


BUT THEN ROB. The bastard! No, not Jon Snow the bastard, Rob Lynburn the bastard. And making Kami do the thing! You know THE HORRIBLE HEARTBREAKING THING


And Jared pleading 


And I just could not deal by this point. There were tears. There was the book being sent to the naughty step while I glared at it.

(Okay so maybe that's technically a thing I made about Nick Ryves but imagine it says Jared okay.)

And then Jared being Jared and !!!!!!!! Stop that thing you're doing. You don't need to do that. Goddammit with these tormented attractive boys.


And now I'm just gonna go ...


Now someone go blackmail me a copy of Untold from Simon & Schuster. Is that ... no that's not how you spell Shuetser is it? Oh fuck it, you know the one. We'll call it S&S.

Oh, and this book is a thousand stars for the record. 
★★★★★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment