1 March 2017

Review: Stolen Ink

Ink Born: Stolen Ink | Holly Evans
Published: February 10th 2017
Genre: NA, Urban Fantasy, Magic, LGBT
Pages: 199
Format: Ebook
Source: Netgalley

I’m Dacian, a tattoo magician, and my life went from my biggest concern being finding a pretty guy to fall into bed with at the end of the week to everything falling apart around me.

There are two problems in my life.

Number one – I’m an ink magician, the thing of myths. A lot of very powerful people would love to get their hands on me, and I have no intention of letting that happen.

Number two – A tattoo thief came to my city, and the magical community has decided that I’m the guy to stop them.

Somehow, I have to catch the thief without letting my secret out of the bag, and that’s even harder than it sounds.
 
This blew me away! Exciting, super unique plot, cute m/m romance, gay supporting cast, ace lady shifter - all my fave things! Instead of regular magic and same-y supernaturals we have tattoo magicians (!!!), dreamwalkers, and magic breakers. It's awesome, and so unique, and I loved every moment of it. The relationships between characters, romantic AND platonic, are so heartwarming and they made this book so strong. And did I mention that there's A CAT that comes out of A TATTOO and is a sassy perf creature who I want to keep? The only downside is I suspected Isaiah ALL the way through - I thought he was an evil tattoo-stealing thief who would turn around and kill Dacian, so I never trusted him.

This book is grounded in characters and love but the magic itself brings this book to life. Read this book - you won't regret it. Stolen Ink is unforgettable.
 

Characters 

Setting/world 
Writing 

No comments:

Post a Comment